What is Shopmobility?
We operate a scheme hiring to members of the public with limited mobility enabling them to visit shops and leisure facilities. Shopmobility is for anyone, young or old, whether their disability is temporary or permanent. You don’t need to be registered disabled or a blue badge holder to use the scheme. You can hire:
- powered scooters
- manual wheelchairs • holiday vehicles
How to Contact Us
Telephone: 07493 132 948
Facebook: Portsmouth Shopmobility
Address: 56, Arundel Street, Portsmouth PO1 1NL
We are located at the rear of the central Post Office. Our car park entrance is on Lower Church Path (accessed via Slindon Street). Pedestrians and scooters can enter via our Gate on Arundel Street.
Our Opening Hours
Monday - Friday, 9am - 4.00pm
For details on Saturdays please contact us
How do I join?
You need to show two separate forms of identification - one with your address (e.g. utility bill) and one form of photographic I.D (e.g. driving licence). Once joined, you will receive a membership card to use on all visits. A staff member will discuss the most suitable vehicle for your needs and give you training on the appropriate vehicle.
Once you have joined Portsmouth Shopmobility you will automatically become a member of Wessex Shopmobility. This entitles you to use any Scheme listed below.
- Andover, Basingstoke, Castlepoint, Eastleigh, Fareham, Havant & Chichester, I.O.W, Salisbury, West Quay and more.
How much does it cost?
- Membership is £10.00
- Daily Hire is £5.00
- Weekly Hire
- Scooters £32.50
- Wheelchairs £22.50
Due to the schemes continuous growth we can’t always guarantee you a vehicle, so please help us to help you by pre booking before hiring a vehicle overnight, weekend or longer. In severe weather, please contact us to ensure vehicle availability
Vehicles for hire
- Max. User weight: 21 stone / 133kg
- Max. User weight: 35 stone / 222kg
- Collapsible to fit in cars etc. Maximum user weight: 18 stone / 114kg
- Max. User weight: 20 stone / 127kg
- Max. User weight: 18 stone /114kg
- Max. User weight: 24 stone / 152kg
- Max user weight: 12 stone / 76kg
Download our leaflet